PrivacyHome / Privacy
At myCARiD, we take your privacy very seriously. By visiting the myCARiD website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY MYCARID
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which we believe will deliver you a customized and efficient experience. When you use the myCARiD website, we may request information such as your name, location, email address, and information about the vehicle(s) you'd like to register on our website. In addition, our web server will automatically gather information about your visit to our site, such as your browser type, what pages have been viewed, the time of visit, etc. You may access, update or delete any personal information you submit to the web site by contacting us using any of the contact points listed at the bottom of this privacy statement. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While myCARiD will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used on some of our pages to let us know which links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our user communications and marketing campaigns.
At myCARiD, we do not share your email address with other companies or organizations. However, your email address may be used internally to notify you about myCARiD-related news, products, offers or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from myCARiD, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests) that have been performed on the site. You may choose to opt out of receiving news and information by visiting the Notifications section of your User Profile Settings, and/or by contacting us by email, phone or in writing. In such instances, you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Because myCARiD enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use myCARiD is an integral part of the myCARiD experience. Rest assured that We will never share your information with third parties unless as disclosed in this privacy statement.
- myCARiD personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of myCARiD business.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web sites.
- Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other myCARiD users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on myCARiD where we allow you to tell other myCARiD users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
- myCARiD allows non-followers to browse your followers activity.
- Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
- Your myCARiD account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
CHILDREN UNDER 18
You must be 14 years and older to register to use the myCARiD website. As a result, myCARiD does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that myCARiD has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using myCARiD or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.